Last week, I gave a talk at API Days NYC called, Opening Moves in AI. (If you joined this list because you attended the talk, welcome!)
We talked about opportunities for folks working in finance, retail, and healthcare to leverage API based AIs to do their work faster and better. The talk included live demos of OpenAI APIs, LangChain, ElevenLabs, and MidJourney. We concluded by building a LangChain + GPT-4 app that used Warren Buffet's shareholder letters – stored in a GDrive Folder – to write a book of wisdom.
Many thanks to Mehdi, Edward, Baptiste and the rest of the API Days crew for bringing IRL developer events back to New York.
Here are resources that I mentioned and used in the talk:
- Garry Kasparov's book, Deep Thinking.
- Garry Kasparov's TED Talk: Don't Fear Intelligent Machines. Work With Them.
- Lichess - The best chess site on the internet, and an unsung hero of the open source movement, with incredible AI based training tools.
- GPT-4 System Card
- OpenAI Platform.
- Midjourney. For creating AI generated images.
- LangChain - A framework for building LLM powered apps.
- LangChain Google Drive loader
- ElevenLabs - Fast voice cloning
- Warren Buffet's Shareholder Letters
- Google Drive and LangChain